Become a Volunteer
Your time and talent can make a real difference in people’s lives.
Volunteers carry out 100% of the work being done by One Voice Inc.
Volunteers are the backbone of ONE VOICE.
One Voice volunteers impact the community through programs, services, and events. In 2017, our volunteers invested 5,292 hours of their time in serving those in need. Whether it was through clothing distributions, feeding hungry kids in high risk environments, helping at fundraising events, facilitating small groups, guest speaking, or just by simply helping out with daily basic office needs, our volunteers served with vigor, compassion, & joy.
Volunteers are West Virginia’s greatest natural resource.
In West Virginia, extraordinary volunteers are involved daily in a wide range of activities, both formal and informal, in every imaginable aspect of local and regional life.
Volunteering is a powerful force for change and for community growth and development. The commitment of time and energy West Virginians have given reflects their dedication to improving lives and represents a vital contribution to our communities and society as a whole.
Below you will find tabs that will let you know what volunteer opportunities are available at One Voice.
Performs administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors.
Duties may include:
- Fielding telephone calls
- Receiving and directing visitors
- Word processing
- Creating spreadsheets
- Creating presentations
- Computer and technology skills
- Internet research abilities
- Strong communication skills are required
- Staff in this category may also have the title of department assistant, coordinator or associate.
Serve, Connect, and Celebrate our Community
Community involvement is a very important aspect of revitalization for any community, no matter what size.
Without community buy-in, a project may never get off the ground or will not be accepted once it is completed.
Successful community involvement is based upon information and dialogue. Only an informed community can be part of the decision- making process, which then will lead to a sustainable revitalization project.
We believe in supporting our community, and local events is one of the best ways to do that.
- Regional Family Resource Network meetings
- Governor’s Substance Abuse Task Force
- Food For Angels
- Community Closet
- Community Baby Shower
- Juvenile and Adult Drug Court
- National Day of Prayer
- Community Service
See General Tab for more information on Community Involvement!
A powerful tool for community outreach!
Have Our One Voice Team Train Your Business, Church, Group!
If you prefer to have live on-site training, you can schedule One Voice to come to your place of ministry or business.
Financial requirements include travel, food, lodging, and honorarium.
Call Wyoming County 304-732-7701 or Raleigh County 681-238-5724 for details.
We help provide facilitators who are sensitive and trained in dealing with all formal or informal support groups.
This is especially relevant for communities with a high percentage of addiction!
- The Facilitator is effective in using core methods (distinguishes process from content).
- The Facilitator carefully manages the client relationship and prepares thoroughly .
- The Facilitator uses time and space intentionally.
- The Facilitator is skillful in evoking participation and creativity.
- The Facilitator is practiced in honoring the group and affirming its wisdom through scripture.
- The Facilitator is capable of maintaining objectivity and confidentiality.
Our Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) is a model for community monitoring that brings together law enforcement, mental health providers, hospital emergency departments for individuals with addictions and mental health problems and their families to improve life controlling difficulties with people in crisis.
- Phone intervention
- Faith Based Ministry Support Groups
- Detox and Treatment Referral
- Assistance with Aftercare
- Disaster Services
- Media Production
- Plan and Prep Meals
Become a Volunteer
Getting started as a One Voice volunteer is easy. Just enter your zip code and interests below. After that, you’ll be directed to our Volunteer Connection system, which will guide you through the remaining steps.
Step 2 – Complete the One Voice Online Orientation
Step 3 – Read and agree to the One Voice policies
Step 4 – Authorize a background check
Welcome to the One Voice Team!