HELP IS AVAILABLE
Lifeline Connection is small group ministry, offering a faith-based alternative to court-ordered secular groups.
It was out of the life-changing experience and teachings of Christian renewal movements like the Oxford Movement and Wesleyan Revival, that many of the concepts of recovery came into being. Returning the concepts of AA back to its Christian origins, gives the faith-based community a proven model of 12 steps!
Lifeline uses a variety of small group curriculum that is available from Living Free, and all Lifeline Connection ministries should utilize the five components of recovery, applied through the Life-plan.
One of the goals of Lifeline is to offer clients a faith-based alternative to the groups mandated by the new concept of drug court. Also, offering help to those who are not able to go to residential rehab, or ready to go, or even needing to go. Many of the inmates being ministered to through corrections ministry, prefer and need encouragement and accountability, but choose not to go into a residential program because of time already served by incarceration, and excess loss of family and work time. Each Lifeline ministry is unique, and adjusts to the uniqueness of their community and regional needs.
Insight Ministry is for discovering the path to Christian character.
With its emphasis on developing Christian character it is a powerful group for those who want to be sure to prevent life-controlling problems from developing in their lives, as well as for those who need to overcome a current problem.
We highly recommend Insight as the entry group for small groups.
- It enhances people’s understanding of themselves and others.
- It helps people bond together in meaningful relationships.
- It helps prepare people for more meaningful relationships in subsequent small groups like home groups and Sunday school classes.
- It surfaces people for help who may otherwise never seek help.
- It helps break down the segregation of people in churches, turning “those people” and “our kind of people” into just “us”.
- It helps prepare people to minister to others.
- It serves as a powerful evangelistic tool by ministering to people’s felt needs and then pointing them to Christ.
Concerned persons is for families of recovering addicts, because we need each other.
This group is suggested for home groups, support groups, recovery groups or cell groups.
- It is designed for the many people who have a current or past relationship with a person who has a life-controlling problem.
- It emphasizes the need we all have for each other.
- It helps people focus on Christ rather than on the problem.
- It serves as a powerful evangelistic tool by providing a way to minister to people’s felt needs and then pointing them to Christ.
STEPPING INTO FREEDOM
Stepping Into Freedom is a Christ-Centered 12-step program!
Stepping into Freedom is a Christ-centered twelve-step program suggested for use in support groups, recovery groups and home groups. It offers help for anyone struggling with a life-controlling problem like drug addiction, alcoholism, gambling or workaholic.
- It supports a person’s desire to maintain a life free of life-controlling problems.
- It helps a person develop roots and steadfastness in Christ so that one can confidently master the problems faced in daily living.
- It serves as an effective evangelism tool by providing a way to minister to people’s felt needs and then pointing them to Christ.
FREE TO GROW
Free to Grow is designed to help people overcome disappointments and setbacks in their lives.
Free to Grow is a new curriculum by Dr. Jimmy Ray Lee. The purpose of this group study is to help people overcome disappointments and setbacks that have arrested or are presently hindering their emotional and spiritual development. The group will help participants understand how to be set free so that they can grow and become all that God has designed them to be.
Listed below are the twelve sessions included in this study:
- Who Am I?
- Unmasked Faces
- Facing the Truth of Disappointment
- Forgive as God Forgave
- Setting Boundaries
- Childlike Versus Childish
- Making Choices
- Freedom and Responsibility
- Fresh Start
- Developing the Character of Christ
- Developing Freedom in Christ
- Developing a Future in Christ
Committed Couples is designed to help couples in their relationship with each other and God.
Committed Couples is for married couples or engaged-to-be-married couples who are committed to God’s plan for marriage and family relationship. The various aspects of God’s design for marriage and the principles that support this sacred institution are highlighted.
The purpose of Committed Couples is to help each married couple grow spiritually and emotionally in their relationship to each other through an awareness and application of biblical principles. It is important that each participant enter Committed Couples with the the purpose of wanting to be all God would have them to be in their marriage rather than trying to change their partner.
- Session 1 – In the Beginning-Marriage
- Session 2 – The Example: Christ and the Church
- Session 3 – God’s Plan for the Husband
- Session 4 – God’s Plan for the Wife
- Session 5 – God’s Plan for the Children
- Session 6 – Submitting to One Another
- Session 7 – Becoming One in Christ
- Session 8 – Forgiving
- Session 9 – Communicating With One Another – Part 1
- Session 10 – Communicating With One Another – Part 2
- Session 11 – Family Finances
- Session 12 – Watch for the Little Foxes
- Session 13 – The Family Altar